How to determine when your car requires auto repair
There are many reasons why you should keep your car well-maintained. The most obvious one is to avoid embarrassing breakdowns. However, even well-maintained vehicles can malfunction. Some problems may require professional auto repair service, while others can be fixed on the spot. But in order to determine the gravity of the problem, you must first learn a few things about common car issues.
1. Driving Problems. The most obvious sign that your car needs repair is when it doesn’t drive properly. For instance, if your brakes are not as prompt as they used to be or the car doesn’t drive smoothly when you try to keep a constant speed, then you need immediate repair. Brake problems are particularly dangerous as they can lead to serious accidents, but any other car issue can be equally dangerous.
2. Unstable car. One very common car issue is when the vehicle is shaking and the wheel is vibrating even though you drive on a smooth road. This usually signals a problem with your steering system or a flat tire. The latter can be fixed on site; however, problematic steering systems have to be fixed in an auto body shop.
3. Engine Problems. When your car doesn’t start, it’s a sign of engine problems. You can rule out the dead battery situation by having your vehicle jump started. If this doesn’t help, then you may have a problem with the starter. Replacing the starter of a vehicle must be done in a specialized auto shop.
4. Strange Noises. Most transmission issues can be identified by listening to the sound your car is making when it’s driven. A loud and annoying noise coming from underneath your car may signal lack of transmission fluid or a broken exhaust. You should inspect the fluid level immediately and refill the system if needed. Broken exhaust pipes are not considered top priority; however they can cause stress in traffic. You should visit an auto shop that specializes in auto body work and have the problem fixed.
5. Damaged Interior. This is a problem that doesn’t necessarily require immediate assistance; however it plays a major role in your car’s aesthetic beauty. Worn out seats and damaged dashboards must be fixed in order to preserve the value of your car. In order to do so, you should bring your car to an auto body shop.
City Auto Tech is the most reliable auto repair shop in San Francisco, CA. We provide auto repair and auto body work. If your car shows signs of problems, then call us at (415) 643-6129, and we can repair it for you without a hitch.